Due that i have been recently taking down and copystriking many YouTube videos with my music, i have decided to make a post explaining what you can and what you can't do with my music.
All my music is copyrighted.
Copyright is very simple: the owner of the material has the right to choose who, where, how and and when someone can use their multimeda (call it music, artwork, video, book, etc). YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to do anything without the owner's permission, therefore:
- You should NOT reupload my music on your promo channel without my consent.
- You should NOT use my music on a project without my consent.
- You should NOT remix any of my tracks without my consnt.
If you break any of these points you might be claimed by copyright (aka copystriked) with no chance to appeal depending on how severe is the infraction. INFRINGE MY RIGHTS AS ARTIST AND YOU WILL BE KICKED IN THE ASS.
I'm open to allow people do anything with my art, like remixes, visuals, animations, covers, etc. I really would like to see your prespective over my art, but i just wanna have control over who and what is my music used for. If you wanna do ANYTHING related to my music and/or art, please contact me at my email email@example.com, we can discuss the details and reach an agreement.
If you want a fast reply send me your request to my email (mentioned above), i don't check my newgrounds inbox that often and i don't get notifications when someone sends me a PM here, it may take weeks before i check my PM again.
- Geometry Dash Levels: you don't need my permission to make levels with my music or upload level showcases with my music to YouTube or any other streaming platform as long as the music is allowed for usage ingame. Contact me via email if and only if your earn money from your plays in YouTube, so i can (if possible) split benefits with you or completely whitelist your video from Content ID.
- Remixes: due that i'm not the only one owning the copy rights of the track, you should follow the owner of the track's copyright and contact both of us for reupload approval (unless the original owner doesn't mind about reupload approval). REMIXES THAT I HAVE DONE FOR REMIX CONTEST SHOULD NOT BE REUPLOADED BY ANY REASON TO YOUTUBE UNTIL THE CONSTEST RESULTS ARE PUBLISHED.
- Live Shows/Festivals: i don't mind if you use my music for live shows or festivals or whatever, just don't abuse and use my entire discography in your live set lol. You can download an MP3 for free here in NewGrounds but i would appreciate if you buy the lossless WAV on my bandcamp page somanylynx.bandcamp.com.
- Label Releases: you should follow the label conditions and copyright.
Make sure to check the copyright section of the NewGrounds page of the track for extra exceptions and notes.